What is a cardiac diet plan?
A healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle are the best anlaces to protect against cardiac disease. The 3-day cardiac diet, which is also known by many other names including Birmingham Hospital cardiac diet plan, unit diet, American heart association (AHA) diet, 3-day Army diet, three days navy diet, hot dog diet, and more.
Incorporating with 3-days cardiac diet plan, having cardiac exercise, maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding smoking and drinking can help to reduce the cardiovascular diseases and cardiovascular deaths by 50 per cent.
This cardiac diet plan is sued for the heart patients who need to lose weight quickly before having any cardiac surgery. With these 3-days cardiac diet plan, you can lose as much as 10 Ibs. There is some aphorism that you must follow during these 3-days cardiac diet plan. This diet caboodle as a chemical breakdown and is proven to work.
Rules that you must follow
- You must use this diet for three consecutive days per week.
- After three days of food abstinence, you can eat your usual diet. Make sure you don’t overeat.
- After four days of a healthy diet, start back to your 3-days cardiac diet plan.
- Tea with sweetener is allowed on this diet plan.
- Salt and pepper can be used.
A diet plan for the three-day schedule is given below. The procedure can be altered with equally competent low-calorie foods, but care should be given to restricting calorie intake to the prescribed level, every day.
Breakfast: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; half of a grapefruit or pink grapefruit juice; and one more slice of avocado egg toast with 1 or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Lunch: coffee, regular water, or tea; ½ cup of water-packed tuna; and one slice of dry toast
Dinner: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; 3 oz lean meat; 1 cup green, beans, beets and 1 cup unclutter ice cream; and one small apple
Breakfast: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; one boil egg; one banana, and one slice of dry toast
Lunch: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; 1 cup of cottage cheese; and five saltine crackers
Dinner: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; two hot dogs; ½ cup carrots; 1 cup broccoli, one banana and a half cup of vanilla ice cream
These are the cardiac diet plan for day two.
Breakfast: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; five saltine crackers; one boil egg; and one 4-0z glass of apple juice
Lunch: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; one hard-boiled egg: one small apple; and one slice of dry toast
Dinner: Black coffee, regular water, or tea; 1 cup tuna, chicken, cauliflower or green and beans; 1 cup beets and cantaloupe or one small apple; and half cup vanilla icecream.
These are the cardiac diet plan for the day Three.
What meats can you include on your cardiac diet plan?
Variety of foods with protein can be included in your cardiac diet plan. Some of them are enlisted below:
- Seafood: fish, Roe, shellfish and butterfish
- Poultry: chicken or wild turkey breast without skin, lean ground chicken or turkey ( at least 93% lean)
- Pork: leg, shoulder, or tenderloin.
- Beef: round, sirloin, tenderloin, or lean ground beef (at least 93% lean)
Can coffee be included in your cardiac diet plan?
More categorically, habitual coffee drinking has been linked to a lower risk of coronary heart disease in women like Myocardial infarction, angina pectoris, cardiac arrest, heart block, cardiac tamponade and more. Very briskly, calories can add up, and weight gain will create adverse effects on cardiac risk. Despite its welfare, caffeine also can be dangerous if you consume in excess.
Benefits of cardiac diet plan
Planning something healthy for your health is one of the best things to maintain your healthy life. Maintaining hygiene by this diet plan is one of the smart intends to keep your body physically and mentally fit. Some of the benefits of cardiac diet plan are:
- This diet plan can help to lower the risk of high blood pressure (hypertension).
- 3-days cardiac diet plan help to lose 10 Ibs of your body weight.
- It lowers the risk of high cholesterol.
- It helps to manage blood glucose level and prevent or delay complications of diabetes like microvascular complication and microvascular complication.
- Vitamin E present in these foods may prevent blood clots, which can lead to a heart attack.
- It helps to perpetuate strong bones and teeth. Keeping the bones healthy is vital in preventing osteoporosis and osteoarthritis later in life.
The 3-days cardiac diet plan or any of its three-day variations is usually not recommended for who like to lose weight. The diet could pose a health risk to anyone with a history of cardiac disease or an eating disorder like bulimia. As a general precaution, before switching on this diet plan is to consult a dietician before trying any specific diet plan.
Especially for adolescents, pregnant woman or lactating mother, people with renal disease, hepatic diseases and patients recovering from surgery.
Cardiac diet plan or 3-days cardiac diet plan is one of the world’s most popular diet plan for weight loss. These diets claim you to lose 10 Ibs. This diet is something that can be quickly cooked without the need of any guidance or expertise. If you have any dubiety regarding this diet plan, feel free to comment down. We will try to solve all your query.